The Collins College of Business Master of Science in Business Analytics targets the education of students in the analysis, interpretation, and prediction capabilities of large sets of data. This program will help students master the technical tools necessary to perform analysis of a variety of data but will also allow them to specialize in a discipline-specific area. Furthermore, coursework will develop the communication skills of students, a key component to employment and success in the field.
Program Highlights and Requirements
- Evening based program to accommodate working professionals
- New cohorts form each fall semester for this 30 hour degree program
- Full time students can complete the program in as few as 16 months
- Program includes three weekend workshops to fulfill computational foundations focused on a variety of data analytics and statistical software
- Incoming students are required to have earned a four year degree in business, engineering, or science from a regionally-accredited university or have a Bachelor’s degree in another field in addition to five years of experience in a technical discipline
- STEM-certified program (STEM CIP Code – 52.1301)
- The Center for Career Development and Professional Engagement is available to assist with career placement
- Students opportunities include participation in the Collins College of Business Mentorship Program, resume reviews, mock interviews, and a variety of student organizations focused on advancing each student’s professional opportunities
Applicants to the MS in Business Analytics program are required to have earned a four year degree in business, engineering, or science from a regionally-accredited university or have five or more years of experience in a technical discipline. Students in need of foundation coursework may enroll in the following online Ivy courses provided by The University of Tulsa at a discounted rate prior to beginning the core curriculum. Alternatively, students may choose to participate in traditional classroom based courses, as approved by the Director of Graduate Admissions and Enrollment.
QM 2013 Statistical Analysis
Curriculum (24 Hours)
Students complete all courses
QM 7023 Statistics and Data Visualization QM 7073 Foundations of Analytics QM 7503 Regression and Statistical Learning QM 7063 Data Mining & Predictive Analytics QM 7083 Business Analytics Practicum QM 7111 Managing Data Analytics Projects QM 7003 Business Decision Models QM 7093 Enterprise Data Systems QM 7402 Leading & Managing Analytics Organizations
All listed zero-hour weekend seminars must be completed prior to graduation
QM 7010 Seminar in R QM 7020 Seminar in SAS QM 7030 Seminar in DecisionTools Suite
Elective Courses (6 Hours)
Marketing & Consumer Behavior MBA 7153 Consumer Behavior MKTG 7023 Marketing Research MBA 7133 Innovation & Product Development MKTG 7013 Problems in Consumer Behavior Operations Management MBA 7163 Supply Chain Management MBA 7033 Operations Management QM 7053 Simulation & Risk Analysis Finance FIN 7073 Empirical Methods in Finance FIN 7213 Research Tools in Finance FIN 7023 Investment Analysis & Management Accounting Forensics ACCT 6243 Auditing Assurance for Accounting Systems ACCT 7043 Fraud Detection & Prevention ACCT 7283 Forensic Accounting & Litigation ACCT 7113 Information Security: Auditing & Assurance Services Healthcare CS 6643 Bioinformatics CS 6653 Medical Informatics PSY 7053 Psychometrics PSY 7343 Research Methods in Psychology DNP 8053 Biostatistics DNP 9023 Healthcare Informatics DNP 9063 Epidemiology BIOL 6333 Experimental Design Information Systems CIS 6073 Information Security CIS 6043 Database Design & Applications ACCT 6143 Accounting Information Systems Energy MEB 7033 Analytical Tools for Energy Business Management MEB 7193 Energy Analytics & the Digital Energy Enterprise GEOL 6083 Introduction to Geographic Information Systems EMGT 6013 Fundamentals of Energy Markets & Commodities Trading
- Professional resume
- Transcripts from all colleges and universities previously attended
- Two professional letters of recommendation
- Essay presenting the applicant’s career objectives and reasons for pursuing the degree (submitted as part of the online Graduate School application)
- Acceptable TOEFL score for international students
Additional application information may be found here.
For more information email email@example.com or call 918-631-2336.