The Business Career Center is available to educate and assist business students and alumni through resources including:
- Resume and cover letter review
- Internship and job search strategies
- Mock interviews
- Employer information
- Career events
- Salary information
- Information about campus interviews
- Registering with Golden OpporTUnities
- Networking techniques
- Dress for success
To schedule an appointment with the Business Career Center, please contact us at 918-631-2216 or by email.
All business students take a sophomore-level, half-semester professional development course designed to prepare them for the internship and career search process.
Business 2001: Essential Business Skill Development
- Develops critical thinking skills enabling effective ethical decision-making in a business setting.
- Exploration of personal cultural competencies and development of strategies to interact in a global business environment.
- Use of teamwork, professional, and critical thinking skills.
- Develop self-awareness of professional personality type, skills inventory, career path and goals.
- Production of career management tools including resume, cover letter and acknowledgements.
- Understanding of the career development process.
- Preparation for interaction with employers.
- Awareness of expectations in the workplace.
- Experiential learning through peer review and team interaction.