The School of Energy Economics, Policy and Commerce sponsors an ongoing lecture series on topics of interest across the global energy complex. The earliest of these lectures were co-sponsored by the National Energy Policy Institute (NEPI).
The lecture series program brings recognized scholars and industry experts to campus from around the globe to for purposes of broadening the conversation about industry and enhancing awareness of issues beyond those facing the local community. All lectures are held on The University of Tulsa campus or at signature venues around Tulsa and are free and open to the public. Video recordings of the some of the lectures are available.
Lutz, B., 2012, Hydraulic fracturing versus mountaintop-removal coal mining: comparing environmental impacts. The University of Tulsa
Mahdavi, P. (UCLA), 2013. Politics in the Islamic Republic of Iran. The University of Tulsa.
Thurber, M. (Stanford University), 2013. Do State Owned Companies have Inside Access to the World’s Oil and Gas Resources? The University of Tulsa.
De Oliverira, A. (Institute of Economics, Federal University of Rio de Janeiro), 2013, The Brazilian oil outlook: challenges and opportunities (for cooperation). The University of Tulsa
Garibaldi, C. (Tecpetrol), 2013. Political and operational challenges for the oil industry in Latin American countries. The University of Tulsa.
Ritter, B. (Former Governor of Colorado & Director, Center for the New Energy Economy, Colorado State University), 2014, Transforming the energy paradigm in America. The University of Tulsa.
Tezak, C. (Managing Director, Clearview Energy Partners), 2015. Energy Infrastructure Needs and Options. The Summit, Tulsa, OK (in conjunction with the 2015 Energy Business Leadership Dinner).
Abraham, K. (Executive Editor, World Oil), 2016, World Oil North American Outlook. Renaissance Hotel, Tulsa, OK (in conjunction with the 2016 Energy Business Leadership Dinner), in partnership with Energy Advocates.
Industry Advisory Council
Situated in the heart of America’s energy complex, The University of Tulsa enjoys many strong ties with the energy industry. TU graduates in business, law, petroleum and chemical engineering, geoscience, and other disciplines are actively involved in energy company leadership around the world. Consequently, these ongoing relationships and ties back to industry are one of the strongest selling points of the School of Energy Economics, Policy and Commerce. From conception to implementation, the School has greatly benefited from the direct input and generous support of industry representatives and partners.
To insure future success and alignment with the ongoing and evolving needs of industry, an advisory council of industry leaders convenes periodically to review progress and make recommendations. These individuals generously volunteer their time and energy to help make the program the very best it can be. While members rotate on and off of the panel as needed, the current membership consists of:
- Charles Baukal, Director, John Zink Institute
- Joe Burke, CEO, Viresco AD
- John Chowdhury, Director, Utility Industry Practice, Fujitsu Network Communications
- Carolyn Dougherty, Retired CFO and Treasurer, Grand River Dam Authority
- Richard Edmonson, Attorney and Shareholder, Hall Estill
- Lee Eslicker, President, D&L Oil Tools
- Randy Foutch, Chairman & CEO, Laredo Petroleum
- Carlos Garibaldi, Director, Americas, Arthur D. Little
- Greg Geist, Vice President, Land, WPX Energy
- John Hewitt, President and CEO, Matrix Service Company
- Ralph Hill, CEO, ETX Energy LLC
- Branden Kennedy, CFO, Venado Oil and Gas
- Glenn Labhart, Principal, Labhart Risk Advisors
- Debra Langley, Vice President of Land, Rimrock Resource Operating, LLC
- Susan Lindberg, Vice President and General Counsel, SemGroup Corporation
- Merl Lindstrom, Retired VP, Technology, Phillips 66
- Pete Luitwieler, Management Consultant; Retired Chief Information Officer, Citgo Petroleum/PDVSA
- Randy McCall, CFO and Cofounder, Seahorse Oilfield Services
- C. Michael Ming, General Manager, GE Oil & Gas Technology Center
- Luis Moncada, Surface President, North America Region, GE Oil and Gas
- Lanny Nickell, Vice President, Engineering, Southwest Power Pool
- Bob Parks, President, Superior Pipeline
- John Pilkington, President, Muirfield Resources, and Member, Oklahoma Energy Resources Board
- Shane Saunders, President, Trident Energy
- Stacey Schmidt, Vice President, Sales & Marketing, D&L Oil Tools
- Greg Sills, Executive Advisor, DONG Energy
- Mark Stansberry, Chairman, The GTD Group
- Norm Szydlowski, President and CEO Emeritus, SemGroup Energy Partners
- Michael Teague, Oklahoma Secretary of Energy
- Fabrizio Trilli, Chief Executive, ENI (The Italian National Oil Company) Indonesia
- Bob West, CEO, Anchor Drilling Fluids
- Paul Westervelt, VP and Group Publisher, Oil and Gas Journal