Statistics and mathematical skills play important role in helping business leaders understand key functions within and external to a company. In addition to standard spreadsheets, simple averages and distribution, this course introduces business forecasting techniques, decision modeling and Excel tools. Chapters include:
- Business math, including basic algebra, and topics such as contribution margin and breakeven.
- Forecasting and simple averages, moving averages and weighted averages.
- Regression analysis, beginning with simple regression and advancing to multiple regression, plus coefficient of determination, degrees of freedom, residuals and zero-one variables.
- Probability concepts from simple to probability distributions with an emphasis on the Normal Distribution. An appendix on sampling follows Chapter 4.
- Overview of decision analysis, with emphasis on decision modeling on construction and interpretation of decision trees.
- Introduction to Excel, including spreadsheets using formulas and functions such As IF and AUTOSUM.
Register during daytime hours and take the course on your schedule.