The MBA in Health Care Delivery Sciences (MBA-HCDS) is unique. It emphasizes population health, social determinants of health, communication skills and community disparities, providing the knowledge and skills necessary to successfully lead and manage a health care organization in a changing and competitive environment. The program provides a true balance of emphasis on core business knowledge with a strong background in issues related to health policy and community health.
- Benefits both clinicians and non-clinicians
- Explores the interface between health status and social determinants of health, and the connection with a well-run health care organization
- Interdisciplinary effort between faculty in the Oxley College of Health Sciences and the Collins College of Business
- Students will develop a firm level of understanding of key business functions: accounting, finance, management, marketing, computer information systems, global economy and supply chain management
- Students will demonstrate knowledge about current and anticipated ways that health care delivery systems function and interact with the populations and communities they serve
- Students will apply core business knowledge, interdisciplinary and analytic thinking skills when evaluating health care delivery issues