Join the Collins College of Business Investment Portfolio Challenge on Wednesday, November 16, 2022!
Who can join?
- Undergraduate and graduate students
- Limited to 8 teams
When & where?
- Wednesday, November 16 at The University of Tulsa
- Details of the day’s events will be sent to verified participants
How does it work?
With a team, prepare and present an optimal weighting of Global Industry Classification Standard (“GICS” ®) sectors for a hypothetical $5 million investment portfolio. Teams will submit their 30 minute pre-recorded presentation by 5:00 p.m. on Thursday, November 10. Each team’s presentations will then be judged by a panel of industry representatives.
During the live event on November 16, teams will participate in a 15 minute Q&A with judges, faculty advisors and the general audience. Teams will be scored on both their presentations and responses to questions.
Cash prizes will be awarded to the first and second place teams.
- 1st place: $4,000
- 2nd place: $2,000
Forming Your Team
Teams must be sponsored by a university or college. Up to two teams may represent an institution and if you would like additional consideration for more teams please contact Charity Barton.
- Must consist of undergraduate, graduate, or a combination of undergraduate and graduate students;
- Must consist of no fewer than three and no more than six members; and
- May avail themselves of one faculty adviser. The faculty adviser must be currently employed as a faculty member by the team’s sponsoring institution.
Each team member must:
- Complete the official registration form, listing all team members in one form.
- Be a currently enrolled college or university student in an undergraduate or graduate program at the sponsoring university at the time of the local level kickoff meeting.
- Be registered for at least a part-time course load, as defined by his or her university, at the time of the local level kickoff.
Any questions or uncertainties pertaining to the official rules of The University of Tulsa Investment Portfolio Challenge should be directed to Charity Barton.