Test your ethical reasoning skills against your fellow students in this college-wide business ethics competition, open to all undergraduate business majors and minors. Collaboratively analyze a business ethics case then present your ethical framework and solution in a 10 minute video. Top competitors will then defend their ethical choices to a panel of judges to win prize money.
- First Prize – $600
- Second Prize – $450
- Third Prize – $300
- Fourth Prize – $150
Form a team comprised of students in your major, or in your favorite business class or student club. Did we forget to mention – you will be competing for prize money?
How to Participate
- Form your team (3-4 people per team) | Register online by 12:00 p.m. (Noon) Friday, October 19th
- The competition will be limited to 30 teams so register early.
- All registered teams will be provided access to the organization website on Harvey (CCB Ethics Competition) beginning on Monday, October 5th. Register prior to Oct. 15th to guarantee your access to these resources.
- The competition commences at 6:00 p.m. Friday, October 19th. Teams will visit the CCB Ethics Competition site on Harvey to gain access to the case.
- An optional tutorial on how to analyze a business ethics case will be provided on Wednesday, October 17th from 5:00 – 5:50 pm in Studio Blue (Helm 200-D). An optional tutorial on the Panopto software will be provided on Thursday, October 18th from 5:00 – 5:30 pm in Studio Blue (HELM 200-D). These meetings will occur prior to the start of the competition. It is recommended that at least one person from each team attend these tutorials.
- All video links will be sent to our first round of judges. These judges (comprised of graduate students and members of the Tulsa business community) will select the top four finalist teams.
- All members of these top four finalists are eligible to win money.
- The names of the top four finalists will be posted on the CCB Ethics Competition on Harvey by 2:00 pm on Thursday, October 25th.
- The top four teams will then be emailed a time between 4:00 and 6:00 pm on Friday, October 26th to appear before a second panel of judges to present and defend their ethical choices
- Time and location will be provided on the CCB Ethics Competition on Harvey.
- Upon completion of the judging, the top four teams will be informed of their ranking in the winnings.
- The winners will also be posted on the CCB Ethics Competition on Harvey that same evening.
- Cash prizes will be mailed to all of the winners within the following week.
For more information contact Claire Cornell at email@example.com or call 918-631-2684.